Hey Santa, here’s my Christmas list!
Friends, it’s no secret that the Mr. and I don’t actually give each other Christmas gifts. We have a shared account which makes it more like using his own to buy him something that I’m not sure he even wants and vice versa. And if we’re keeping it real, gift giving isn’t his strong-suit 😉 But that doesn’t stop me from making my own list and praying Santa might see it! So, I thought I’d share what’s on my Christmas list this year!
- I LOVE these state cutting boards by American Heirloom! They’re made from 100% recycled bamboo plywood and can be personalized or engraved. I love their option to have a HOME or STAR put over the city where the recipient lives. $48
- The Mr. and I have decided to run a marathon together (go ahead, call me crazy!); it’s a bucketlist item I better scratch off my list before 40 comes rolling around! Since it get’s cold in Missouri during the winter, good running tights are a must. I love these Inspire Tight II from Lululemon. The multi-pocket allows for space to put your key and gels, and the mesh ventilation hits in all the right places. The Nocturnal Teal is such a fun muted color that can be worn workout to street wear. $98
- Once January rolls around, I’m all about eating healthily. I have to make up for the margin of error of cheese trays and sweets that my body consumes during the Holidays. The Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System from Costco is the perfect way to do that without breaking the bank! $129 -through December 24th.
- You all, the She Reads Truth Bible is simply the best. I have this one in Poppy but wanted to make sure you all see it. I love the hand-lettered verse the starts each book of the Bible off. The devotionals from SRT that are sprinkled throughout are perfect for daily use. There are maps, timelines, and tons of other resources that make this bible not only pretty but the perfect tool for getting into the Word. Also, I found it on sale at Christian Book for just $26.99! It retails other places for $49.99.
- There is nothing I love more than traveling, but when I travel, I prefer to travel organized and light. I was over-the-moon excited about Wit & Delight’s partnership with Target this holiday season for their travel gear. This travel wallet is the perfect catch-all to keep your passport, credit cards, boarding passes, and other miscellaneous items in one perfect spot; and the D-ring keeps your car keys from getting lost! It’s also darling with it’s gold and navy color scheme. This week it is on sale for $19.99. Regular price $24.99
- Wit & Delight’s 20″ Hardside Carryon comes in two perfect colors: Copper & Sage. I’m opting for the copper this year to match the travel wallet. It’s lightweight with garment zippers to hold your clothes in place. And if you travel much, you know that 360 degree spinning wheels are a must! Hurry up and get yours; it’s on sale for 2 more days for $79.99! Regular retail price $99.99.
- I’m a photographer, and a Canon one at that; so new camera gear is always exciting. I’ve had my eye on the Canon 5d Mark iv for a little while now. Its video and low-light capabilities make it versatile for all types of media. Retail varies from $2500 – $3100 depending on body or bundle.
- Let me just say it, I’m obsessed with the Royale Flats from Free People. Have you seen anything lovelier?! They are the absolute perfect-travel-casual-but-still-look-like-and-adult-wear-every-stinking-day-of-the-year shoes! My favorite color is Canary followed by Brown. They’re just so darn versatile, and come in 12 colors. Retail $198.
- Tennis shoes are my jam. I’m in them at least 6 out of 7 days a week! I love these white and gold Adidas Superstar sneakers. They’re perfect with street to workout attire or cute jeans and a sweater. Sneakers also make it easy for me to chase my ever-running-away 2 year old! Retail at Nordstrom for $79.95.
It’s Better to Give Than Recieve
Every December, our family chooses to raise-funds for Fields of Dreams Uganda‘s Holiday Hygiene Kit Drive. Did you know that many girls in Uganda miss up to 20% of their schooling each year due to their periods? Fields of Dreams strives to see that no girl falls behind in the classroom or on the soccer field by equipping each of our mature girls in our nine partner schools with a hygiene kit. Nineteen dollars, yes, $19 can change the trajectory of a girl’s education and life.
As an organization, we distribute more than 2,500 kits each year. My personal goal is to make sure that 100 girls are taken care of. Would you consider giving a $19 tax-deductible donation and giving the gift of hope and dignity this year? If so, please click here: HOLIDAY HYGIENE KIT DRIVE
From our family yours,
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!