well hello there
We’re the Millers. Ashley and Hernán. We have three kids that we just love watching them grow into the coolest little humans – Zion, Zoe, and Zeke. Pretty soon, we’ll have four when little Miss O joins our tribe. We are basically doing our best to bust out of a minivan and have ZERO chance at ever securing a babysitter! We have the cutest pooch, Loca. We love people. And we’re passionate about traveling, adoption, food, and sports. The ocean is our happy-place, but we’ve found our married lives in the Midwest then down to Texas and back to the Midwest. Jack Johnson’s music makes us all deliriously happy. And I’m not going to lie, so does Justin Timberlake…you know, his music 😉 So. Darn. Happy. We cling tightly to our faith. Grateful for His grace and mercy every day. We’re pretty confident we have the most amazing family, friends, and church. Don’t believe us? It’s true! And we have a pretty good story ourselves as to how we met… ask us. Maybe we’ll tell you one day 😉
why this blog
I (Ashley) am the voice behind this blog. Within a span of two years I had finished graduate school, had two babies, and started a professional photography company, taught ESL, and ran a couple of half marathons. Then we moved. So here I am.
Writing down, or rather typing and snapping a record of life as it happens. The perfectly imperfect journey we’re on. The MAIN things you’ll find on this blog:
- Everyday ramblings of a stay-at-home-mom.
- DIY. I love doing home design projects, so I’ll be sure to share them with you!
- Recipes. Food is my love language 😉 Cooking also happens to be one of our daughter Zoe’s favorite things. She also loves the camera, so you’ll find her cooking show In Zoe’s Kitchen here. It’s quite entertaining!
- Photo shoots. While I’m not working full time, I’m still taking a number of sessions each year.
- Fashion. Just because I live 75% of my life in workout attire, doesn’t mean I don’t love fashion (double-negative…I know!)! I love it.
- Fitness posts. I love fitness in most all forms, so it’ll show up here!
- Travels. Our immediate families span 4 continents, and because we love staying connected we travel quite a bit. People and cultures from around the world make our hearts beat.
- Adoption. Being in the middle of an adoption right now, we realize how vital support (in whatever form) is. From resources to question, please feel free to ask us anything.
- Faith. It’s integral to who we are and the life we lead.
Thanks for stopping by!